Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Easy New Year's Project for Preschoolers



This is a quick and easy project that I did last year with my prekindergarten students. It was great for building fine motor skills! I die cut the numerals for "2016" and the children glued them on in order on a piece of construction paper. I had them lay the numbers out first and then flip them and glue them (this was actually a hard concept for some of them!) Once that was done, they were able to glue sparkle confetti around the edge (I use a box top to keep the mess to a minimum!) 

We sang this song:
Happy New Year,
Happy, Happy, New Year.
Happy New Year 
2016! 
(to "Alouette") 

They love shouting the last line! 

We used this song as our "poem" of the week as well. Since our letter of the week was Yy, they circled the letter on their individual copies before adding it to their poetry notebooks.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment